Saturday, August 13, 2011

PE2_iMovie

Video editing is not new to me.  I've been working with video editors since I was little.  Very recently I took a class on Adobe Premiere.  That said, iMovie is completely changing the game for me.

It's not that it has more or better capabilities than Premiere.  It's the way these capabilities are implemented. So far the program seems much more user-friendly and intuitive, yet just as effective.  Every nuance of the program strikes me as ingenious.  I especially applaud iMovie's use of color.  Color is a wonderful distinguishing indicator that, in my opinion, is not used nearly enough in most software.  Thank you iMovie for not being afraid to make things glaringly simple.

iMovie's most radical difference from the traditional editor is its choice to display a movie in separate chunks of clips in a multiple row format instead of a single horizontal timeline.  I think this is an interesting and innovative move and I'm definitely willing to give it a shot.  However, I do appreciate that iMovie still gives you have the option of changing the display to work with a more traditional timeline:


So far I have absolutely no complaints with this program and I can't wait to see what else is in store.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with the comparisons you made to Adobe Premiere, iMovie is so much more user friendly. Im new somewhat new to video editing but I picked it up with no problems. Great Job

    ReplyDelete