Tuesday, August 23, 2011

PE_7 Udutu

Gone through a bit of the tutorials, and I'm ready to do some analyzing.  So far no complaints.  They've got great onscreen navigation, a narrator, graphic animations, and (my favorite so far) a mouse-over simulation screen:


As you run your mouse over the simulated myUdutu screen, different messages will pop up to explain the feature you are hovering over.  This is a fantastic feature and I bet it will be easy to implement.  As someone who creates mostly software training, screens like this can be invaluable.  Trying to do something like this within Captivate is clumsy, limited, and frustrating.  I'm interested to see how myUdutu tackles this feature.

I've also discovered some other features including interactive screens, branching scenarios, and being able to import presentations from PowerPoint.  All of these features are key when designing good online training.  I also appreciate that myUdutu has a built in tracking feature that makes it very easy for both me to design completion requirements and the learner to track their progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment