Saturday, August 13, 2011

PE3_iMovie

Wow do I feel smarter right now.  Watching tutorial movies could be one of my favorite activities...

I am very a much a "follow the directions" type of person so I tried to mimic Garrick as close as possible.  You can see in the photo below how I followed along with the projects and it was awesome!

 
My favorite part by far was making the movie trailer.  Although they make it so easy it almost feels like cheating.  I used to spend so much time putting together fake movie trailers on my own, now I just feel like an idiot.  But I will have fun with this feature for sure and will probably try to incorporate it into everything I do.

I also was blown away by the snap to the beat feature.  Creating slideshows set to music will never be the same!  I'm so happy iMovie has made this so incredibly easy.  I'm sure I will use this SO many times in the future.

Since making the movie trailer was my favorite (and I'll definitely want to the chance to show it off), I'll post it here:


And finally my fancy certificate to make it official:

Looking forward to adding more certificates to my collection!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimber, it's funny, your post sounds a lot like an alternate version of my own thoughts after completing the tutorials.

    I too loved the snap to beat feature and the trailer feature of iMovie. I can see using the snap to beat feature for educational videos. It's been shown that people learn better when things are set to music, I can see a video being made with important points, or vocabulary highlighted with music using that feature.

    I too felt a little bit like using the trailer feature felt like "cheating"...until I decided that it was too limiting, and found ways to alter it. Of course I had to make things more difficult. If you're interested, you can exert more control than just dragging and dropping in the trailers. You have to convert the trailer to a project in the edit project window. If you're interested, let me know and I can make a screenflow to show you what i mean. :)

    ReplyDelete