Tuesday, August 23, 2011

PE_9 Udutu

As promised, I've begun using myUdutu to design my instructions for my RILS.  So far things seem easy enough, the tutorials do a good job of preparing you for creating your own course.

I had mentioned I wanted my Diigo-based RILS to be motivated by a puzzle of some sorts.  Well I think I found the perfect puzzle.  A Carmen Sandiego style mystery that the learners must collaborate on Diigo to solve.  In other words, Carmen SanDIIGO!  Here I am creating the beginning of my course:

When go to add the text, a separate editor opens allowing you the tools you might need:


However... while I can admit there are merits to using myUdutu, I am person that is much too focused on creative design aesthetics to handle the limitations of designing within this tool.  I will be designing my instructions in PowerPoint first and then uploading them to myUdutu.  I love the fact that Udutu hosts your published course on their servers and provides easy access via a hyperlink.  So I will be using myUdutu's distribution features, just not its design features.

No comments:

Post a Comment